Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

3.20.2005

What a Wonderful World.

I just realized that Ordinary People, by John Legend is a phenomenal song. So is if I ain't got you by Alicia Keys. Nevertheless, I-pods are a great invention. None of this has any relevance to what I want to write about this evening.

This is my first entry into my "blog." With the advice of my new writer friend, Frederick Smith (www.fredericksmith.net) , writer of "Down For Whatever," I decided to create one, because I just don't like waiting until the beginning of every month to update people on what I've been doing with "At This Moment." So Thank you Fred.

I kicked off my book tour this week. I did a signing last night at A Different Light Bookstore in West Hollywood and this evening I had my signing at Matais. I had a much better turn out tonight at Matais, since the sun came out and most of the readers in attendance were Black Men. Which gave me a lot of energy because my book talks about our experience as gay black men! I am so excited about that. So thank you Matais for having me and supporting my work!

It was such a pleasure meeting all of you tonight and reading from my book. The readers were very responsive, involved, and real. I had a great time. I am looking forward to my events this week At U.S.C. and at Life Works Mentoring...

I am experiencing the success of this book and recognizing the importance and relevance of this book. I am fufilling my mission. I wrote At This Moment for all the other (primarily) Black men who are hurting in this life. The men who have to deal with being BLACK, with being GAY, and being MEN. I want you all to know, wherever you are, that you are a success, you are great, and you can make it through whatever situation and circumstance, because I've done it. I want everyone to read my book, if you aint got the money to buy it, write me I'll send it to you.

Thanks to everyone who has shown me support in this venture. I can't remember everyone who came out this weekend, but I do remember, Emily, Atom, John, Joseph, Mack, Daniel, Fred, Matais' God-Daddy, my Uncle DuWayne, Timmy, and there are like four people I am missing, two of which came with Mack...I forgot your names, I'm sorry. But I do thank you for your support and encouragement. If this isn't the time to stand together as a positive community of strong united Black men, when is it?

6 comments:

Kennedy Phillips said...

I am so proud of you. You've come along way since the days of writing at the newspaper!!! I always knew that you wanted more, but you went after it. I remember the day we had a talk after finishing one of your stories and you told me "There isn't anything, I can't, or won't do. Just watch, I'm gonna show these bitches." If there isn't anything else that I remember (you had a lot to say) that stuck with me, and it always will. I love you and go for what you know.

Frederick Smith said...

Congratulations T on starting your blog and on your publication. You are working so hard and that's so respectable. Congratulations.

I'm going to blurb you on my blog: www.simplyfredsmith.blogspot.com

Later.

TERRANCE TYLER said...

Hey Terrance,

I want to say that I'm proud of you but remember that ONLY what you do for CHRIST will last!!! You know that I love you and you know that we will always be true to each other. My prayer is that God will get the GLORY out of your life. I have a blog now and we can keep in touch!!!! STAY FOCUS AND SHO'NUFF STAY IN THE WILL OF GOD!!!!


RAPTURE READY!!!!
TERRANCE TYLER

Anonymous said...

tarrance,
just wanted to say that atlanta and its readers are waiting on you!!! "at this moment" i am so proud of you and your book. much sucess to come!!!

tara

SavoryKee (nkechiwilliams2002@yahoo.com) said...

Trent you said:
"Sometimes we get in these ruts where people just get on your last fuckin' nerves and everyone seems to know what's best for you, except you. Then the same people are so quick to judge you if you seemingly, subconsciously follow their broke advice...That's over and done. I am tired of these fake ass hoes tryin' to make me think I am crazy for saying and doing some of the things I do. (Am I venting, I sound a little heated)"
I feel you on this! Congratulations on the success of your book! I know we don't kow each other well, but I know you have a genuine spirit! Thanks Trent for being so open..............

Trent Jackson said...

Thank you all so much for your words. I appreciate it!

@Savorykee-I've learned that being open and honest has worked for me thus far, so I'll keep on doing it.

I just wish the IRS would disembark from my bank account so I can pay my debts to my Auntie and buy me a house.