Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

4.03.2005

You Have 24 Hours Bitch!!!

Imma start following my own muthafuckin' advice. Seriously, without being too obvious, let me tell you my damn problem. Well before that, my own advice. I recently just told one of my fellow bloggers that if someone wanted you for an event, signing, etc, they had to go by your terms. I should follow that rule. I am going to start getting my money before I speak. Period. End of discussion.

I recently did an event. I didn't charge for the event, I just said buy the books, I'll come and sign, etc. I did that. I told the party that I would discount the books at 10.00 each instead of 15.95. So the total came up to 150.00, which is way less than what I would have made if I didn't do the discount. I get to the event. Party didn't have the money. Me being the nice, new author that I am, I said I'll do it anyway, just have my money by tomorrow. Tomorrow came and went and no call from the party. I called the party and no answer. Left a message and sent a nice, general email. I got a response saying "Sorry, couldn't find your number, will call tomorrow." I left my number in the email. Yesterday was the second tomorrow, no call.

MUTHAFUCKA IF YOU SO HAPPEN TO READ THIS BLOG. YOU HAVE UNTIL MONDAY APRIL 4TH, 2005 HIGH NOON TO RUN ME MY MUTHAFUCKIN MONEY. IF YOU DON'T COURT PAPERS WILL BE FILED AT 12:30 P.M. AND YOU WILL BE SERVED. NOT ONLY WILL YOU PAY ME, YOU WILL PAY ME AT 15.95 PER BOOK, PLUS INTEREST, BITCH. I AM A PROFESSIONAL. ASK ANYONE WHO DOES BUSINESS WITH ME, I AM PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS. IF YOU CONTINUE TO FUCK WITH MY COINS, YOU WILL WISH THAT YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER MET ME. YOU GOT THE TEA? I HATE TO BRING OUT MY GHETTO QUEEN SIDE. MY MOMMA IS FROM THE PROJECTS. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THAT SOFT VOICE AND THE GIRLISH GRIN, BITCH IS CRAZY AND SO IS HER OFFSPRING. INCLUDING THAT DAMN THREE YEAR OLD.

So even when you try to be nice, patient, and professional people still want to try to dick you out of money. Somebody needs to tell the party who they are dealing with. I am cool and shit, but I have an operation to run, in addition to clearing debt. So thats my two cents for Sunday. Off to devise a plan for more success from the mind of Trent. Off to the bathtub to luxuriate. I made chocolate lava cake today too. So when I get out the tub its me that cake, one of Janet Jackson's DVD and the ceiling fan.

3 comments:

disgruntled said...

Oh dear...
Is it like that?
Well here's my demands...you ready?

BITCH,
YOU NEEDS, NAH SCRATCH THAT. YOU BETTER HAVE AN EMAIL IN MY INBOX PROMPTLY BY HIGH NOON TOMORROW OR ELSE I'M POSTING THAT LAST ONE, PICTURE INCLUDED, OF HOW YOU WANT TO HAVE WILD CARPET BURNING SEX IN THE BACK OF THE NAVIGATOR WHILE I PULL YOUR DREADS AND CALL YOU DIRTY NAMES...
oh wait, that's just my celebrity fantasy. nevermind. carry on...

Seriously though, get that money!

Trent Jackson said...

ahhhhh lol....i am so mad at you, whoever you are

Anonymous said...

let that be a lesson learned.stick to your on advice. sue his a$$ with the quickness. why do people try to get over on you. that is so crazy. you try to be nice and look how people treat you.

carter