Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

7.05.2005

Trent Fulfilled Part 2...

Well excuse me (Gaskin) for not posting on the Fourth of July. I decided to take an extra day for me and let Friday's post marinate a little further. I felt it was a really good post and I poured a lot into it and by the number of comments no one really felt it. It's funny if I am doing some far out interview and showing out people respond, but if I am being serious no one says anything...I'll take note of that.

Well at least I know things are getting better. The First stop on my "Defining My Moment" Book Tour at this past weekend's L.A. "At The Beach" Black Pride celebration was a mild success, sales wise...But meeting Alphonso Morgan again and hanging out with Fred made up for what would have been a fucked up day.

I won't complain because the positive outweighs any negative experiences that I had on Friday.

Alphonso is such a nice man! He's such a sweetie-and it doesn't help that he's gorgeous either. He's so articulate and well spoken it's sick! I had to watch what I said around him because I was too afraid of saying something ridiculously far out and stupid and he look at me different. But he's quiet and refined...And when he speaks its like everything around you is tuned out because he has such a great affect on you when he's speaking...Wow! And I have an autographed book...I'm such a groupie...

He, myself, and Fred sat on a panel of writers along with Brent Dorian Carpenter, moderated by Stanley Bennett Clay! I was floored...I couldn't believe that Stanley Bennett Clay said my book was "The Bomb" and how much "Buzz" he had heard about my book...I was like me? Then he gave me a high-five when he found out I was writing a play...It was too much for me to take in, I mean he is only on the Simon & Schuster roster for godsake! Read Fred's review of the event, because he is concise...I am a sucker for digressions and sidebar.

Then in the lobby before the panel, I didn't know I was standing in front of Brent Dorian Carpenter, and I was talking some crazy talk...Being Trent, and Fred didn't tell me who he was (or didn't introduce me) until after I finished talking shit...But Brent was cool about it...He's a nice man. I admire he and Stanley both for their work...I want to be like them when I grow up!

All in all I am happy. Happy that the black gay men got together and we did something good. I am excited for what's to come. For once in a long time I finally feel that things are coming together with my vision of us united...

Well A few things before I go. Fred's Book is out today. You must go out and get it! I haven't finished reading it yet, but it's good thus far. Who likes R. Kelly? Although he pissed on that girl, I still want his CD because he is genius...so you go and get it to. And below is a listing of my Tour Calendar. I am gonna put it out there like this: Frank I need your help on a New York date...You're the man I need to crack the NYC area, SHOUT ME!

Shot Outs To: The Don, Fred, Divo, Alphonso, Shawn-Taquan (from the Bricks) Gaskin, Stanley, Brent, Tara, Esboogs and Reesey!

Tomorrow: Fake Bloggin' Ass Bitches, Luftha and Bobby and Whitneys show...why I love them so fuckin' much!

The Official
"Defining My Moment"
Book Tour Calendar.


Friday July 1st:
Soulful Salon Art & Literary Cafe
Westin Airport Hotel
5400 W. Century Blvd
Literary Panel 2-4
Noon to 5:30 P.M.

Tuesday July 19th
In The Meantime Men's Group
Reading, Discussion & Signing
4067 W. Pico Blvd
(The Rear of The Catch Parking lot)
7:30 P.M.

August 11th & 12th
Minnesota Soul Essence
Double Tree Hotel
Minneapolis, MN

Sunday August 27th:
San Diego Black Pride
Location TBA

Saturday & Sunday September 3rd & 4th:
Black Pride Atlanta Literary Cafe & Marketplace
Sheraton Midtown Atlanta
Atlanta, GA

Friday & Saturday September 30th & October 1st:
Dallas Black Pride

Sunday October 2nd:
West Hollywood Book Festival
West Hollywood Park
647 San Vicente Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA

Thursday-Sunday October 6-9th:
Fire & Ink Conference, Austin Texas


Friday-Sunday October 28-30
Nashville Brothers United Conference
"Liberation"
Host Hotel:
Quality Inn & Suites
2401 Brick Church Pike
Nashville TN 37207

MORE DATES WILL BE ADDED



Me, Fred & Alphonso on Friday July 1st in Los Angeles.

4 comments:

SmilingOnThaDL said...

Congratulations on finalizing your book tour! I'm sure it must be a relief. You may want to check out www.prideinthecity.com. its black pride in NYC! Good Luck!

ShawnQt said...

Im soooooooooooo proud of you. Look at you looking all cute with Fred and Alphonso!

TheBlacks said...

All three of ya -- Cuties!

Valentino said...

Look At Alphonso !!!!! oh..so cute...wears my lip gloss