Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

8.22.2005

Family Time & New Additions, yet another, Manic Monday...

Alright...how was your weekend? "How You Doin'?"

So I guess every Sunday is now an unofficial family day. For the past three weeks we've been doing outings, it's a good thing. No complaints. Yesterday we went to the Go-Kart Track and then we went and ate. It was hot. It's been a while since the majority of us got together for some fun...and with my cousins, mom & uncles birthday rapidly approaching...I feel a party of some sorts...

Shot Out To: Blair-Robert. He's a new African-American, gay author. His book Breathe, is a coming of age story of the 17 year old Nafiq Johnson, the quintessential hip-hop teenager. Urban slang. Cornrows. Timbs. Throwback jersey. And, of course, the cool brutha swagger. He’s also a star high school basketball player with a 4.0 GPA, admired and respected by his peers. And we can't forget that he’s a charmer when it comes to the cuties. Unarguably, he has a very bright future ahead of him. At least he does until his battle to keep his sexuality on the down low starts to disrupt his life. Will Nafiq be successful in keeping his true self buried in the closet, or will his world come crashing down upon him in the form of an unaccepting community and family? Take this suspenseful journey with Nafiq and discover what is in store for this young brutha. Be sure to check out his site, as I will keep you posted here, and I am sure I'll be granted some type of exclusive interview...Big Ups to my 16 year old Protege, Marz, the Philly kid who has been blogging about his "Life As A Teenager" over at his blog: My Teenage Years. He's witty, funny, smart, intelligent-and definitely reminds me of the young Trent Jackson...hmm, watch out now! It's just funny to see how the "new kids" are living these days...check him out and send him some nice comments, and show him some love! Shot to: Bobby Brown, Jr. Don't you just love his blog? He's so uplifting and just so real. If you haven't read his blog, go and check him out. Big Ups to: Dizyaboy-his blog is hot too! such a nice mix...everything from eye candy, to entertainment gossip to real life shyt...

So nothing really happening with me. I'm counting down the days to my ATL adventure with a few of my other black writer friends: Fred & Fonz.

Everything is fine with me...so this is one of my "unofficial" days off from blogging...but while I take this short break enjoy a few of my still moments:

INTROSPECTIVE...
I enjoy so much spending time with my close friends and my family. Without their support and acceptance I couldn't be who or where I am today. Every time I blog I give you piece of me. And although I really don't bring everything into the mix...today I am giving you a behind the scenes look into the people that are supportive of me!
This is me and my assistant Erika. She is more than my assistant. She keeps me grounded, balanced, and she keeps it all the way real! She's been on my team for the last 5 years. She and I met in college and she's been my major supporter since "At This Moment" was still a manuscript. This is just us out having lunch...


This is Me, Erika & My Cousin Mark (the one that just got out) after lunch a couple of weeks ago...

Me and Mark after Lunch...the bleached look is in (Fuck Yall!!!)


Me, Mark, Tuesday's Two kids & my little sister at Knotts a few weeks ago...

Me, Lalah & Raquel at Tim'ms' reading tha other night...

An old skool pic of Me, Lah & Raq

Me, Lalah & Tim'm at his L.A. reading last week.

Me, Fred & Herndon Davis












There will be more as it happens! I'll see you tomorrow!
I won't know you're here unless you tell me....

3 comments:

Stone said...

As always looking in on a great writer

Jamal K. Franklin said...

(raises his hand)

I was here...

DizYaBoy said...

wow ... thanks 4 da shout-out!

Your blog was/is a huge motivation for mine.