Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

8.29.2005

Say It Aint So?

Alright, Alright....Haayyyy!

So nice to see you again! I'm glad you came by to visit today...been a minute. What's been up? "How You Doin'?"

Big ups to: Shelton Jackson, Alphonso Morgan, Happy Birthday to Fred Smith!, Marz, and to you my readers!! Haaayyyy...

No Puffy, Diddy, or whatever he is calling himself, queen all out on the VMAS last night! What was up with all of his over the top, more than usual flamboyance? All the water, the fluorescent flashing lights, the bottom-esque orchestration? I don't need any more proof Sean Combs is a homosexual. It was just so nauseating. He is so nerve wracking. And speaking of homosexuals, R. Kelly is a little bit too comfortable with his trapped in the closet series. The first five were cute, but that shit that he lip-synched to last night sounds like he's had one too many of those "in the closet experiences." Alright for Ciara sporting that Bow-Wow gifted rock encrusted "non-enagement" ring on her marriage finger...And how about M.C. Hammer...anyway. Didn't Lil Kim look halfway right last night?I loved her so much! But the top lip has to be reduced to a real size...she didn't look anything like that picture of her circulating the internet...And did Kanye just win over the whole gay entourage? I mean we were already in love with him, but to go on TV and give props to the homosexuals...what? Okay. Make sure you go to the store on Tuesday and get Late Registration.

So I took a little mini vacation. Had to regroup. Get some things together. Deal with the drama. I've been blogging continuously for 5 months, and it was time...I'm okay.

There is no better time to say that I will not be in Atlanta this weekend for the Labor Day Pride. There were a few issues that contributed to me not attending primarily my printer and my book order. So I am planning a separate event in ATL with a few of my fabulous writer friends...It's gonna be dope! The details are coming together so I will announce them when the time is right look for them sometime in mid September. But the event will be in October.

I just finished reading Blair-Robert's soon to be released, debut novel "Breathe," and what a fresh breath it was. It was really good and I think a lot of the younger kids will relate a lot better to it simply because of the main characters age, but that doesn't mean that anyone can't relate to it. In the book Blair creates a universal character, Nafiq, who is a fine 17 year old Philly native who is battling his sexuality. During the book he comes into the gay life via experiences with the usual homosexual "fembots." While dealing with acceptance, rejection, black urban drama, and his family we turn the pages wondering what will become of Nafiq next. Be sure to check out the book when it comes out...

But yes I've returned! And I've got some interesting things up my sleve this week...so stay tuned for that. I've missed you! I love what I do for you! I won't know you're here unless you tell me.

3 comments:

Quaheem said...

Yeah..The VMA's were quite possibly the WORST award show I have ever seen. Puffy is officially the KING of ego.....He needs to be stopped...BET has surpassed MTV is the award show category.....

By the way..WELCOME BACK

Valentino said...

My friend said it last night. Diddy is our version of Diana Ross. Side bar about you not coming to ATL...

Ricky said...

Glad to see you have returned Trent. And I think we all were calling out Diddy for flamboyance.