Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

9.12.2005

Manic Monday: Trent's Jargonistic Banter

Alright!

Damn it’s been a minute. Nothing has been going on with me lately. Life has just been that, life. Nothing major is going on, but I do have a few things to say. Like I am infatuated with this man, a really nice man…

Shot Outs to: Blair, Shawn, Shawn-TaQuan, Stone, The Fonz, The Blacks, Markell, Clay, Ena, Drea, Mel, Laura, Resey, Tevin, Erika & my readers.

So I finally resume writing my second book, Full Circle, and I really enjoy this one, more than At This Moment. I picked it up and read it for the first time in like months, and I couldn’t put it down. I was just turning pages back and forth, like damn what happens next…so hopefully I’ll have it done, early next year, won’t say when because there are others that are watching what I am doing.

I have to apologize for the quality of my blog lately I let that shit fall off like Cross Colours and Boyz II Men what was I thinking about? I won’t tell you the secrets just yet, because they are still secrets, but I will say stand by for the better things to come.

I did a candid interview with my friend Alphonso Morgan, author of Sons, and it really allowed me to see another side of him that I appreciate so much more. We’re going to finish the interview sometime soon so it can be up. We talked about the shade factor and the hateration that exists within the creative black community (among other things like dating life, being a first time novelist, his career as an attorney, literature, etc.) I am glad that there is someone on the same page as me because people like to make me think that I am the angry, fat black fag that’s mad at the world (and I’m so far from that) I admire his realness and his rawness and so will all of you. He’s given me so much great advice and it’s nice to have such a positive person in the midst of all the leeches that suck you dry! I admire him, I love his work-and the interview is hot so look forward to that this week.

I think my prayers have been answered! All of my favorite acts of the 80’s and 90’s seem to be popping up doing concerts here and there, like Tevin Campbell. I had the honor to hear this man S-A-N-G his ass off Saturday night! When I tell you that mans CD’s do him no justice! It was so good to see him. He’s looking good and sounding even better than what I remember. He sang all of his old songs Tomorrow, Round & Round, Can We Talk, Brown Eyed Girl, I’m Ready, Shh and a few others. I am mad that he didn’t sing Come Back To The World! I told his ass about that too. I was fortunate enough to exercise my star power and get a picture with him and my friends Ena, Drea, Laura & Mel after the show…well actually it was Drea who coordinated the photo…but still. Anyway, He’s working on new material and everyone loved him! He’s dope, so look out for Tevin’s comeback and look out for audio and video sometime this week…. Troop is doing a show with Silk on September 30th here in Long Beach…I am so there for that.

So I am still working on my summer reading list, which is now my fall reading list. I am reading my other author friend, Fred Smiths “Down For Whatever,” so stay tuned for my review before the end of the month.

I finished “One Day My Soul Just Opened Up,” By, Iyanla Vanzant. The 40 days has come and gone and I finished it the first week in September. If you’re going through a lot of shit, or you’re starting to learn who you are, then the book is perfect for you. If you need to reaffirm who you are, then the book is perfect for you. If you’re just bored and blah, blah, blah, read At This Moment.

There comes a point in life when time is captured and we realize exactly who we are and why we’re here. Although this moment has happened for me a few times, I have been being reminded of my mental manifestations through people that I meet that have no clue who I am or what I am about. I tell you GOD is good and he works.

I often find myself plotting my moves in my head, how I will do this and that. How I want to expand my creativity past my writing and express myself creatively through other mediums and while things are in progress and I will soon take advantage of my creative drive, I still allow people to second guess myself…it doesn’t happen a lot, but it happens.

This past weekend I really had to sit back and take a look at all of my accomplishments and who I am as person, just to reassure myself that I wasn’t crazy or allowing myself to become a victim of my own mind.

I put out my own book; I sold 5,000+ copies over a 10-month period. I’ve gotten over (seemingly) what could have been some of the worst obstacles to get over in life; I kept going almost without a hitch. I enjoy helping others, I love inspiring people to be the best that they can be, daily…

But I realized something; everyone can’t come with you on your journey. I have it bad…and what I mean by that is, I find and see the good in people even though I know I should cut them loose. Sometimes no matter how much good people can do the negativity they carry outshines all of their positive traits. And I’ve got to learn how to cut those people off just so I can progress in my own journey.

I know I am here for a reason. GOD has chosen me, I can’t help that, I’ve already accepted the challenge…you’re chosen too, accept your challenge and stop denying it.
Today’s Lesson: Sometimes You Gotta Let Go…


Sometimes You Gotta Let Go

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a joy to see that you have once again gave me my moring read.i enjoyed it as always and i cant wait for the next book to drop. much love.
tlc

Marz said...

I am happy that you're back. I needed something like this to wake me up after AP US History. (God I hate that class)LOL

Quaheem said...

WOW..."Shhh" is my JAM...of course I LOOOVE Prince's version but Tevin's is the shit as well..

Nice to see he's back...

BuddahDesmond said...

Glad to see you're back as well. My daily blog reading ritual just isn't the same without you.

I'm so glad that Tevin's coming back. His return is long overdue. I'll be greatly anticipating the release of his new CD.

Troop and Silk in the same show....That's hot! I wish they were coming near my town.

I just got finished reading Fred Smith's Down For Whatever. I loved it. It was one of favorite books this summer. I'll definitely have to check out Iyanla's book.

Kudos on all of your success. Keep up the good work man. I send my best.

Markell (aka BuddahDesmond)

No4real4real said...

I am looking forward to your interview with Alphonso. I was lucky enough to bare witness to his side of the interview. Interesting to see how that develops.