Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

4.13.2006

A Night On The Town With Trent Jackson...

First off, I love you! You guys are the best! Honestly...70+ messages in a sitting! Um, who can check that many messages in day! But the contest is still on!!! I've gotten some great plugs and some great messages...hearing the messages really brought a smile to my face!! You guys really like my show. I didn't know I had so many listeners in the South though. I mean Shot Out to ATL, CHARLOTTE, MIAMI yall really repped the south! Hello! Some of the boys sound so sexy!!! There is nothing like a Southern Man...my gosh! My...well, you know...my secret got warm. But the line to the show is always open 1-888-711-5899! Love the love that you give! Wow...the first thing I did was call the Blacks and express to him my elation...

Secondly, I love L.A.! You never know who you'll run into. Last night me and my good friends J and Kamar went to see one of my favorite Neosoul, grassroots, homegrown, indie, REAL MUSIC artists: Eric Roberson! He was off the hook. He just released his third CD 'The Appetizer' and he told me that he was getting ready to release a DVD concert/behind the scenes set along with his fourth CD that should be out in the fall. It is a must have if you love real music! Seeing Eric in concert was dope! What I like most about Eric is that he is distinctive. He doesn't sound like anyone...he has a lot of control on his voice and he is expressive and shows a lot of personality in his music. He's more cool on stage. He's very interactive with the audience...a point during the show he broke out with these cue cards and let the audience sing along with the cards...I thought it was hot. Along with words he had symbols on cards so you had to kinda figure out what the lyric was, kinda hard to explain, I guess you just had to be there to experience it. He was real cool, I've seen him in concert before, but this was my first time actually meeting and speaking with him. He's a real cool down to earth guy who likes the fans...but he draws that line! But I had a fun time. I haven't been hanging out a lot, I don't think I've been out since my birthday party. I mean I am in my creative cycle right now, so I am extra everything! Extra moody, emotional, bitchey and all of that. But I produce some great work around this time to...a few of you made comments yesterday "It seems like you're not there" I was...but I wasn't...There is always a B-Side to everything....But I loved the show, I was thinking maybe I should interview Eric for a Friday Finale...I just made a booking today, so stand-by for a Trent Jackson style interview.

Also at the show I ran into my favorite Hollywood-black-celebrity couple! No, not the Whitney and Bobby spectacle, KENNY & CHANTE LATTIMORE! I sooooo LOVE THEM! They are so right for each other. You know how you can just look at a couple and tell, and be like look at that, that's beautiful! Thats love! Ain't no Ike & Tina shit goin' on up in there. I think they really epitomize what a couple should be like...It's always a pleasure to see them. They are the sweetest people ever. Chante told me that their follow-up to "Things That Lovers Do" album is coming this summer. I can't wait cause it had some different dates and I enjoyed that CD back till it wasn't no tomorrow! Awww...Kenny and Chante...I looked a mess in that picture, it was hot and I didn't have on no makeup! Shit....damn fuck. Anyway, I still look good!

But I'm TIYAD! Long day in the wee hours of the morning...gotta hit the studio, hit the aerobics class, and be the HNIC today! Thanks for the love...Tomorrow is the Friday Finale...

(Obstacles By Eric on his Vault 1.5 CD-2004)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn a star hanging with the stars.
xoxo tlc

LUVIN ME said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!

The Black & Asian Bandit said...

They are such a cute couple....

Cash S. said...

Damn I forgot to call. Look out for me!

Bougie Black Boy said...

seems like you always got your hand in the cookie jar with a lot of projects!

Supa said...

Hey Trent! Just rollin' through, haven't been to your spot in awhile.

I see you got things crackin'. Do what you do!!

PS - I love LA too. Wasn't today perfect?!?! Damn near 80 degrees!

E said...

Wow...it's so cool you met Chante Moore. I loved her back in the day and am happy to see that she's in a great relationship with Kenny.