Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

4.04.2008

I am the same.

For the longest time when people told me, "You ain't changed a bit!!!" I was a bit offended, thinking that change is necessary and was a good thing. But I thought about it...even after all the BULLSHIT I've been through, I've remained myself at the core. I have not allowed life to alter my positive outlook on life and knowing that I can attain all that I want in spite of the obstacles that could stop me in dead in my tracks, so in essence I haven't changed.

I've been blogging for 3 years now...and occasionally, I'll look through my archives and read some of the things that I've written...or said. Some things make me laugh, some things hurt my feelings, some things make me feel awkward, pressed, excited...depressed. But you know...I'm the same.

I wanted to write a post today, because it's been a while since I've actually written a post, just expressing my feelings, being crazy and random...what I use to do before I did my shows, when I had 15 comments - when all of that validation was seemingly important to my existence. When I thrived off being the new kid on the block...and three years later, I thought while driving on the freeway this morning that I've grown up a whole lot. I think I realized that really, when I paid my Target bill last night and how it's almost paid off. Yall know I am a Target junkie...but that card has been maxed out like 20 times over - and it might not be a big deal to you, but I have not always been a financially responsible person at all. So learning that and understanding what it's about and knowing the benefits of having great credit and savings...hmph! Get into it...

But I went into this year wanting to implement changes in order to be a happier person and the changes are working fantastically! I got an email this morning, from a person who reads my blog - and he told me that he's saved almost 1500$ this year alone, because he's managed to save 50$ from each paycheck, but not only that, he's doubled it 100$. He's learning how to budget and still have fun, while paying his bills and saving money...and he got the idea from me, after he read my RULES. That meant a lot to me because I am the same situation! Like it's a really good feeling knowing that you wanted to do something and it gets done...because you envision it and not only that you pass along the information and people use it. Cause when you tell people shit, they don't hear, let alone listen. Then they want to come back to you walking on crutches, bitch please.

I've been busy lately, making sure my sister has the perfect birthday party tomorrow. Enjoying my private life. Enjoying the quiet of life. The stillness of life. I LOVE ME. My sister is teaching me a whole lot - she forces me to be more responsible because she watches me the most...

I am excited for Lalah! That is my girl! I love her soooo much! It's such a blessing to be her friend. Her new album is coming out June 03rd and the awesome things that are going on with her career are beautiful to me. She is so deserving of all of the great things coming her way because she stays true to her, she doesn't compromise herself or anyone in her life for her own agenda, and she does what makes her happy. Read her new article here...

I am loving life right now. I love me right now.
Kenny, Vincent & Eric I love you guys!!!

2 comments:

BuddahDesmond said...

If anything, you've gotten better at being yourself. You've grown. You've taken what you've learned and used it to your benefit. I'm proud of you. I'm happy for you. I wish you nothing but the best!

2008 is definitely a year for change, for everyone it seems. I'm getting rid of baggage, everything that's been holding me down. Whatever it is that's going to make me happy - that's what I'm going after. It's a slow process - still a work in progress. But I'm much happier with where I am now as opposed to this time last year, two or three years ago.

I went to Lalah's MySpace page this morning, and to my surprise I saw that she has a new album coming out in June. I'm so happy about this. I've been a fan of hers since the first album and whenever she releases something - it's truly a remarkable thing. She's a true artist and she's deserving of everything that comes her way.

I'll catch up with you soon. Have a great weekend!

kennyking78 said...

T, I love you right back! I also love this post. Taking inventory of all of the good things in life is important. I believe you have grown. Even in the short time I have known you, I have noticed a significant amount of growth in you. I love how you are a forward thinker. I love how you always have something witty to say. I love how, when we talk, you put everything out there. The list could go on and on. Bottom line: I think you're dope.