Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

5.06.2008

As Much As I want to...

I can't and I won't place myself in the position to feel emotions that I've experienced before that I did not like. Make sense?

I was not raised to love myself. I was not raised to focus on myself...but that doesn't mean I can't learn and actually start doing what makes me FEEL good. In order for others to love and accept me for who I am, I need to do that first - and as long as I am allowing my filters to build up with bullshit, my growth and my happiness can not happen.

I am not one to answer to anyone. For the first time in my entire young life, I LOVE MYSELF AND I AM ENJOYING MYSELF. And in that, I am not getting caught up in other people and their melodramatic insecurities acted out on my stage...leave that shit over there. I have pulled all the way back to get my shit together...My toilet has been out of order for such a long time, my own shit started stinking and backing up...

Never allow yourself to be caught up in what other people want you to do.

Sometimes there is nothing to be said, even though there is something to be said for not saying anything.

P.S. At the end of the day...who gives a fuck what someone else thinks? I AM DOING ME...SO DO YOU! But do you without being offensive and disrespectful.

4 comments:

kennyking78 said...

CHURCH!

Quarter Life Crisis of a Black Woman said...

Preach! Hey Kenny!

Anthony said...

just what I needed to hear. GLORY!

Ladynay said...

Amen.