Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

8.04.2008

27 More Days.

"There is something to be said for not saying anything."

But sometimes - nothing is best and other times it's not good enough. I've come to a point in life where I am tired of explaining myself. I am tired of pointing out things to others - only for them to come back to me and say "you were right, I should have listened." I don't get joy out of that. In fact I think it's rather annoying and disrespectful. Like if you consult me for advice - then you should use the advice that I give you, especially if you've come back to me more than once saying "you were right."

This morning I got confirmation. He sent me an email, asking me why he hadn't heard from me, etc. I so badly wanted to explain to him that I can no longer entertain fake people, who are ruled by ego and continue to use their powers for the evil and perpetuate stereotypes of the black gay community. But I am not in the business of hurting peoples' feelings nor am I in the business of saying something that won't make logical sense to a person who's brain who is at level 2. So hopefully he respects what I had to say and continues to move on with his life.

When I was 20 - when I really got into dating and going out - I immediately noticed the amount of insecurity, anger, resentment and unhappiness that ran rampant in our community, which led me to write my first book. It was those very experiences that spoke to me then, that speak to me even louder now. I was on to something then...

Something became crystal clear - something like Oprah's light bulb moment. FOLLOW YOUR FIRST MIND!!! TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE!!! BECAUSE ONLY YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU - AND MOST OF THE TIME YOU AIN'T GONNA LIE TO YOURSELF.

It's imperative to make a list and check it twice, because a motherfucker is going to show you if they are naughty or nice.

No comments: