Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

1.01.2009

The Rules Of Engagement REMIXED & REMASTERED.

I made it. 2009 is staring me in the face and the war is on.

Last year, I wanted to make "massive changes" and I set them in motion because it was time. So i wrote a list of rules to abide by. Rules that I felt where needed to make me a stronger person so I can be the person that I was sent here to be. I really believe that over the years our personalities are diluted and polluted by not only ourselves, but people that are close to us. Sometimes we start to believe things about ourselves because we are told it over and over and even though we know deep inside that what we are being told is a lie, we go a long with it anyway.

Last year was an extremely difficult year. The more and more I wanted to become a better person, it seems as if every insecurity I had was heightened and prayed on by almost everyone...but always the same players. When it all came down to it, I knew that the plan I set in place was in motion and changes were happening, scary at first - but now it was the best thing I could have ever done.

2008 was rough. And I am not afraid to say that it took me down. I didn't allow it to, it had to happen in order for me to learn lessons, realize my faults & mistakes, cleanse myself of things and people that had no place in my life and most importantly it allowed me to stand up for myself and love me for exactly the person I am. I can now operate in security and confidence without allowing others to influence who I am. It has been a long road, but now I'm at home, where I am comfortable and secure in my own house...made of brick.

2009 will be the year that everything I've ever asked for, dreamed about and wanted will all fall into place for me. But with that being said, I have some rules to abide by.

I've added 9 new priority rules to my list...those are the first nine....get it? The others are things from last years list that I feel that I either didn't master or things that aren't ready to come off the list yet...

So here it is...

The Rules Of Engagement Remixed & Remastered: 2009

1. You are your first priority. Do not allow yourself to be disrespected in any form.
2. Do Not argue. It’s a waste of time and energy and baggage that should be left at baggage claim.
3. Speak in moderation. It’s better if people see it, not know it before hand.
4. Think about all possible outcomes of a problem before you act. And be responsible for your actions no matter what the outcome.
5. If you don't have it, don't spend it.
6. Pay your bills on time.
7. ZERO TOLERANCE for people who perpetuate drama. There are no chances. At the first sight of bullshit, end it and move on
8. If you're not getting paid, it's not worth it. Unless children are involved.
9. Be who you are without regrets, without disrespecting others.
10. Let go of it all. If it’s old, move on. You don’t have to forgive or forget. Understand the lesson and keep it pushin!
11. Recognize the cycle and do everything in your power to change it for the better.
12. You control your own destiny. It’s never to late to do something that you’ve always wanted to do.
13. Ignore miserable people, for you will become them.
14. If you don't say it to them first; don't say it at all.
15. Celebrate who you are daily.
16. Unless it happened in 09' don't address it.
17. Understand that CHANGE is the only thing that is constant.
18. Be who you are, so that others may be who they are.
19. Understand that everything you do has a consequence.
20. Only entertain people who are like minded in their own progression:
  • Make sure they are goal oriented.
  • There is action behind their plan (cause you have yours)
  • Make sure they are focused
  • They have a strong sense of determination
  • They are honest
  • They are able to tell the truth (honesty and telling the truth are different)
  • They are able to speak the truth and be free about it
  • They are able to accept things for what they are
  • They have their own life, so they aren’t trying to be all up in your business.
  • They compliment not COMPLETE you.
21. Understand where you've come from - and don't be ashamed about it. Understand where you are and work on enhancing the now, so your future can be the way you envision it.
22. Understand that life is about struggling to progress, not struggling to be oppressed or depressed. Living in strife is a trick from satan and for the complacent.
23. Love freely. But love with logic.
24. Surround yourself with people who are positive.
25. Bring something to the table every time.
26. Remember the legacy that you are leaving.
27. Inspire a child.
28. Fuck What people say. If they don’t sign your check, then tell em’ what Rahsaan told me “FUCK EM!!!”

2009 is here! Make the best of it...and let it ride.



1 comment:

MAQ said...

There are many ways to run into wisdom and inspiration and many ways not to learn from it. I choose to hear from the words that lay before me and let my spirit embrace the aura that they emit. Learned is past tence word that I hardly ever hear anymore and I am going to change that, at least in my life, so that maybe just maybe those around me might feel my positive vibe. Thanks Trent!