Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

8.29.2009

I Let Go Of His Hand...Part II

It was 10 years ago that I started at him intently. On my wall that is.
That photo of the 18 year old version of me. Ready to break free.
Ready to be liberated.
Free to live my life.
The determination.
The drive.
The Ambition.
The Focus.
The Attitude.
For the first time in my life I felt like I was alive.
For some reason I went back there for a moment - and quickly jumped back into his mentality.
Doing the things that 18 year old's do.
Quickly back in my old routine, deja vu, I've been here before.
Not really realizing that all of the answers are in my present.
For I figured this shit out already...what was I thinking?
But I got what I needed tho.
Thanks buddy.

I'm glad it didn't last too long. Thank God for allowing me to see the flags. In the forms of people...

who have all been there before...
there will always be a judas at your table.
i know who that muthafucka is.
and I've always known who I am.
this time...

No comments: