Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

3.14.2010

perfection on a tiffany silver lined platter.

he asked to be included - and she put him on the spot.
the drinks had been ordered, we were all getting settled.
she looked at him and said "give the birthday boy a toast."

i had been to this spot once before.
chicken omelette with feta cheese
tomatoes
spinach
onions

home fries just right.
toast. brown with the right amount of butter.

he looked at me in the eyes as a hush fell over the table.
his words gave us sustenance like the perfect summer day,
genuine,
sincere
was every one's emotion.

as the rain came down outside
the love that was around kept me warm on the inside.

as we indulged on conversation in celebration
i sat there in full inebration

and silently thanked God.
finally.
the perfect birthday.
it was perfection on a tiffany silver lined platter.

No comments: