Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

8.16.2010

Here I Am...

So I'm in work mode...we've seen this before. So while it's my goal to blog every day, I may be spotty in posting. The next few months are about to be busy for me. I just can't wait to release the book. I'm being inspired left and right - which is making it a hell of a lot easier for me.

I just got off the phone with my mom and my sister. I must say that I'm actually looking forward to going back to L.A. to visit them and to hangout at some of my old spots. I think this is the longest that I've actually talked to my sister on the phone this year. It's interesting to monitor her growth from the east coast, versus being there every day. It's amazing to see her grow up, she's getting older and I have to keep reminding myself she's not the same kid I left 7 months ago. I think me moving away actually fast tracked her growth. When I get home I need to look her in the eye to make sure she's okay and she's not resentful towards me. She was actually the first person I told I was moving. But I remember when my uncle went away to school in the summer of 86' I resented him a very long time. But we're the best of friends today. I just wish my sister was 16 already! lol. Let me not say that, next thing you know, she will be 16 and I'll be having conversations with her about boys, sex, cigarettes and weed. SMH...

You know - I'm enjoying the calm of life, before the storm starts...the good storm. I've learned that shit is always going on, but it's all about how you respond to it. I'm finally mastering the art of being non-reactive and not taking things personal, while still enforcing boundaries.

At my day job, I'm very laxed. Long as you do what you're supposed to be doing and it doesn't involve me stopping what I'm doing to bail you out, we're good. There is this one tramp who likes to talk at me. She doesn't greet you, she see's you and she just starts talking to you about what she WANTS not NEEDS you to do. It's like "Bitch, who the fuck are you talking to?" Had this been 5 years ago, I would have cussed her and told her about her euro trash ass. But instead of me reverting back to the old ways of doing things, I simply enforce boundary by saying "Good Morning" after she spits out her requests. And I always do it with a smile, then I respond. It sets the tone for a better day and you don't even take in the negativity - me being nice and non-reactionary absorbs all of that. It took me a minute to get that.

I'm "officially single" again...which is good. I need to focus, but I feel something brewing....The east coast has that affect. I must say that the dating pool here is quite, idk... interesting? Lots of choices...

Nothing too much to report, except that Monica's Song Here I Am is one of my new favorites...have a good week and it's not that serious to let these hoes get under your skin! ::muah:: talk to you!

No comments: