Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

8.05.2010

Let Me Put You Up On Game...

As I was sitting in my office today, in walked the only black female that works in my office. She's a cute girl and she reminds me a lot of my friend Carter. Too much a like. There is a total of 7 of us. Including my boss, the H.N.I.C. She walked in casually, sporting a bit of a smile. I liked her style and she was always impersonal but cordial when we spoke, I didn't take it personal. In fact it helps me focus better. The less talking I do, the more i win.

She walked in and handed me a tape recorder. Which i found interesting. But I already knew that it was to be used to record meetings that i had to attend, it was no biggie. But she was not only coming to hand me the recorder - she was also coming to drop some knowledge.

In this day in age, it's much quicker for real to recognize real. When she handed me the recorder, she smiled at me and she proceeded to let me know that she knew I was the type to read between the lines and pick up on the subtleties.

She told me the type of game I had to play in the office and to let me know about the person who had the job before me. Ultimately she told me what I was walking into. I always appreciate the messenger, because I am him most of the time. Which is right when she looked at me dead in the eye and said, "You are never to speak to me in the office. Use IM only - and we'll talk outside the building."

A real bitch knows how to play the game and win...but you should also know who you're dealing with. And she showed me. She told me to meet her for lunch at a particular spot on the property.

Standby for the story of #Tanya.

No comments: