Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

8.23.2010

Mild Monday.

Hi in there! How are you? How was your weekend? :-) I hope all is well with you. If not, focus on the great things that you have going for you. If you can't think of one, imagine what you want your life to be like - and thank God for that life, that you want to lead that you can't seem to get to. It will find you.

So for the past week I've been busy - I really attempted to blog all last week and finish my conclusion to "If Your Girl Only Knew." Between trying to find balance and not act manic and cry at the drop of a dime, I went to 3 concerts - plus I had a stomach virus. For the record, plain yogurt and some blueberries are the cure to everything...

You know, I can tell things are just opening up for me. It's been such a long while since I've been this optimistic about my life in general. The more you want to change, the easier it becomes for you to make the changes you need to in order to be happy. The key is surrounding yourself who are going to be 100% honest with you. Eliminating enablers and those who don't want to see you shit but fuck up have to go! Even if those people are your family members.

Trust and believe I am on the countdown to the end of summer. As most of you know I loathe the summer with a passion that's intense as the summer heat. But honestly, this has been a mild summer, compared to previous. In fact, it has been a great summer. It's been a summer of discovery. It's been a summer of triumph. It's been a summer of acceptance. I thank God depression and core meltdowns were not in regular rotation, but over the top spazzing was. I'm thankful to say that I've finally gotten over my childhood issues; primarily my fathers death, me being molested and my chaotic relationship with my family. I've come to terms with that and now it's all about me and my happiness.

I'm looking forward to going back to visit L.A. this weekend, this trip will be the longest stay since I moved  in February.So many good things have come out of this summer and I know that it's only going to get better. I'm looking forward to releasing Pop Life, getting back into the studio and falling in love...

I'm grateful. I have a lot to be thankful for. God has placed the right people in my path to make sure I don't brake.

About 10 minutes ago, I got off the phone with a friend that I've known for some time. The thing about real, true friendship is that, the people that know you best and care about you the most, you don't talk to them everyday. But when you do, it's like magic happening for the first time. It was such a blessing to hear from her - she confirmed a lot for me, the most important my happiness and peace. "You sound like you're happy and at peace with yourself." She couldn't be more right. There comes a point in life when you can look back and be grateful for all that has happened - especially the bad shit. I think writing "Pop Life" allowed me to make amends with everything that has happened in my past and it's allowed me to look towards the great things that are transpiring in my life right now.

I think this week I'll share a chapter with you from the new book...and I'm looking forward to recording Season 9 of "In The mix With Trent".

No comments: