Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

8.01.2010

Touch...

This was a great week. I learned a lot about myself and I'm glad that I was able to make some important decisions, that I know will pay off in the long run. For the first time in my life, I was having a conflicting time whether or not i should resign from my job. We'll talk more about that later this week. 

My social life is improving, I'm starting to date and hangout a little more, which is good. I was able to meet up with one of my long-time friends who is from L.A. also, but has been living here about 5 years and a couple of new associates...which we'll talk more about later. I was broke at the end of this fabulous week (lmao), but I know that i am only making room for more money to come. But that's not even the issue right now. In fact it's the last of my worries. Money will always be there, it will always come, especially if you do the right thing by people.

I have a lot of shit in my bags. Stepping out on my own, hearing, finding, searching and rediscovering my own voice again has been a long, three year process that I didn’t think would ever happen. I can honestly say that I’m grateful for every experience that has happened to me up until this point.

In all honesty, I haven’t written a lot in this space, because I wanted my new, upcoming novel, “Pop Life” to maintain it’s integrity as a story. A lot of what has happened to me, what I’ve learned, what I’ve accepted and  what I’ve changed is the very fabric of my new book, just like most of my work.

Aside from book/work stuff, I've been having a good time learning about myself as a grown up. Something that I've never done before. In my early twenties I was very busy attempting to make a name and make a literary mark for myself, i did that, while ignoring myself the entire time. My home and family life was so turbulent, I didn't want to focus on it and my being Trent Jackson consumed my life, for all the wrong reasons. I don't regret it, but I am cognisant of it.

I've had the opportunity to sit back for three years and not only examine every bit of my being, but to also get in touch with the person that I've ignored, me.  Because everyone else did it, i thought i was supposed to do the same.

I'm grateful and thankful for my lessons and their timing...a few years back, a friend of mine TheBlacks, told me about Saturn's Return...a few years before it hit me. But now I understand thoroughly what he was speaking about. I can best describe it as the floor you're standing on suddenly gives way and you end up free falling for your life. But while you're falling, you know that you can either land on your feet or fall and crumble. The choice is up to you.

Thank God I'm not made of glass.

No comments: