Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

9.07.2010

Exhale

I have survived the summer, something that hasn't happened in a long while. I'll be the first person to tell you that when you're tired of being tired, you put an end to all that is counterproductive in your life and you make the changes necessary for your happiness.I can honestly say that I'm done with the worst period of my life. The last three years have been traumatic. You have no idea how many times how close I've come...

I've learned a lot. Everything in my value system was tested. I lost almost every "friend" that I had. I've grappled with addiction. I've dealt with my childhood pain. I've healed from most of the things that have happened to me. I am looking forward to attaining the best out of life. I've worked hard to be where I'm at and I'm looking at unlimited success right in the face.

This past weekend I visited L.A., something that I really don't like doing, simply because I love living my own life and so many negative things happened in L.A., there really isn't a need to look back and dwell. I don't have a lot of positive or constructive to say about the things or people associated with L.A. But I must say that every time I visit, I always gain a valuable a lesson, in this case a few:

  • No matter how much you do right, some people will never be satisfied. They just don't know how. Be happy, continue to do you and don't come out of yourself unless you are defending yourself.
  • Maintain authenticity and stick to your guns. If you know you're right about something and someone is accusing you of wrong doing. Be quiet. Don't argue. The truth will be revealed sooner than later.
  • When you're second guessing a decision that you've made - you'll always get a visual confirmation. For months, I wondered if moving to the east coast was the right move, only because things didn't work out for me immediately. But being back in L.A. and looking at complacency dead in the face, let me know I had made the right choice. I've done more in the past 6 months that I have in the past 3 years...
  • Your real friends tell you the truth. I've always prided myself on being an excellent communicator. I have the trait for excellent communication! I was hanging out on Sunday when one of my friends said to me "You don't communicate properly." He was right. It took a couple of days to sink in, but after playing over different scenarios, I realized that I typically "shut down" or don't respond in certain situations.
This trip was probably the most low key, the next time I go out in a few weeks, it will be strictly for "Pop Life" business and to spend time with my authentic friends.

I'm grateful. I'm blessed. I'm looking forward to all things new...

New house, new car, new success...new love :-)

Victory and success are the only options.

No comments: