Me

My photo
Read my blog, listen to my shows, read my books...then you'll know me. Thanks.

4.07.2011

Showtime Synergy: Phase II

  • So....how did you enjoy the premier episode for "The Midnight Meltdown?"
  • "Martyr's are nothing more than control freaks with great PR."
  • I am uberly disgusted with these airlines and their prices. I have never paid over $500 for a plane ticket home (L.A.)
  • I decided I'm making a surprise visit for my sisters 9th birthday. If I can travel to all of these exotic places just to relax and get drunk then most certainly I'll do what has to be done to ensure she has a great birthday.
  • Just when you think you're winning it almost, always feels like you're starting to lose.
  • There are things that my mother is ineffective at. Planning birthdays and parties is one of them. She is the sole reason why I have historically hated my birthday. She always found a way to fuck it up. Whether it was her yelling at me and promptly dismissing me at my 5th birthday for crying and throwing a tantrum (I thought I was supposed to win "Pin the tail on the Donkey" because it was my b-day) or her not doing what she said she was going to do for other birthdays...my sister will not go through that. She's already been through enough. Someone has to make it easier for this child -since all the adults in her life seem to complicate everything.
  • Everything was criticized, nothing was praised except for all things wrong.
  • People don't like being made responsible for their actions. This is why I force them.
  • I'm hella nervous about going on book tour and resuming my podcast, "In The Mix With Trent."
  • While I appreciate the professionalism of people with "people" (agent, managers, etc) If I send you an email asking to call me directly and you're having manager still do your talking...it's going to start irritating me after a while. But it reminds me that "It's business."
  • Truth be told, I haven't felt like recording a show. My delivery isn't back yet, which is why I elected to launch the Midnight Meltdown shows first. It's less talking, more music. But the music can get tricky sometimes too.
  • I recently looked at myself in the mirror and felt attractive. I've battled with my weight and insecurity issues...and still dealing with them, but I finally saw something I've never really seen before.
  • I don't want you to ever forget that I am a professional and classically trained journalist. I create, write and produce on deadlines...this applies to all aspects of my life. I'm best under pressure.
  • I could really take my job more seriously. I have a tendency to get laxed when I'm effective and efficient at work...but it's nice to know that my efforts are appreciated and they don't go completely unnoticed.
  • Did I tell you I'm over dating?
  • What do you do when you get bored with life? Go on vacation.
  • There is this asshole at work. I've talked about him before. The one that I've had to talk to on several occasions about his level of competence and his lack of customer service. Right. So last week I was sick with a sinus infection and decided to stay at home. I don't know what illicit substance he was on that made him feel comfortable enough to start rummaging through my office and desk drawers looking for a "sim card" but the email that the entire office got...Mmmmhmmm. It's important to establish boundary.
  • I think I'm only going to post about 5 more official blogs for this site. I wanted to stop blogging here a long time ago, but I think now is the time. I've been blogging on this site for 6 years. My new site will be fully operational soon.
  • I vowed to myself that I would do 1000 posts and then retire. I'm pushing 1100. It's time to create a new space.
  • I'm a control freak, but I have no problem relinquishing control to the right people and for the right reasons.
  • I've been going through a situation as it pertains to my "Trent Jackson" personnel. I have decided not to talk about this issue until Season 9 of "In The Mix With Trent," which resumes in May.
  • You know I was excited about rekindling my relationship with my fathers other child. But after my Grandmother called me with a tone I didn't too much care for pertaining to a conversation I had with my sister (my fathers other child) I was instantaneously over it. I mean, you're grown. Why and the FAWK do you need to run to people giving them privy to a personal conversation? Call me when you grow up.
  • I'm a little too hard, emotional and have the tendency to take things personally.
  • I talked to three of my cousins last weekend. I needed that. We don't talk enough, but we are closer than our parents.
  • It bothers me to the core that my sister already has some of the same emotional issues I do. She's barely 9 and already feels that no one loves her. My mom told me that. It stopped me dead in my tracks...I felt and still do feel the exact same way. It really hurt me when my sister said that she played by herself at school and didn't have friends. I immediately knew the root of this. It was hard for me to give her advice - because I've always been social and my issues with people really didn't pop off until high school. But it was heartbreaking. I couldn't help feel some what responsible for that, because she's use to me being there and I think reality has finally set in that I don't live in Los Angeles. It's been an entire year...it reminds me of the time my uncle left for college in 86. I still remember that void I felt that day he left.
  • I really don't appreciate D.C. and their spirit of being conservative. I want to have sex during the week. Why must I wait until the weekend to enjoy a tuna sub? I mean people work during the week and party on the weekends. I guess it does keep you in line.
  • I really feel like I've been suppressing things...
  • With the boom of I-Pads and Kindles, even though a lot of people don't have them yet, I'm still keeping my tour schedule small.
  • I was real tempted to move to back to L.A. last night. Only because of my sister. I hate seeing children suffer, especially when they shouldn't. I know that feeling all too well.
  • I see imma have to stop saying hello to people I once deemed as friends. It seems like every time I call this person to say hi, they always think I want something, when I know damn well I don't call no muthafuckin body asking them for a gotdamn thing! I guess.
  • I finally went to one of the museums (Smithsonian) this past weekend. It was cute. I need to do more of that.
  • So the Government is shutting down. I'll be catching up on much needed sleep.
  • It's a fine line...I'm trying to keep my balance.
  • Your trash can tells all of your business.
  • I got the blessing of one of my favorite authors ever...That definitely added pressure.
  • It's funny how my sister helps me re-examine my own childhood. Seeing her grow up is like watching my life being played back...
  • So my white boss. The one that is a literal hillbilly, sassed me today. When dealing with white people, play the white game. ACT LIKE EVERY THING IS FINE AND DANDY!!! WHEN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR HITS, CREEP INTO THE DARKNESS AND THROW THAT ASS UNDER THE BUS IN SILENCE. BY THE TIME MORNING HITS, THEY NEVER KNOW WHAT HIT THEM. Translated: Pick and choose your battles wisely and strike at the right time.
  • I'm gonna need these straight men to stop leaving themselves open for gay responses. For instance, my co-worker asked if I was pregnant. My response, "I don't swallow."
  • I'm really going to need to start going with my first mind more often.

No comments: